There are several different Red Snapper species, but one of the most common is our Caribbean Red Snapper (Lutjannus purpureus). Found in the Suriname waters of the Atlantic Ocean, it’s our most popular snapper species for its attractive appearance, fine texture, mild white meat, great taste, and healthy food source. Whether it is baked, broiled, grilled, or fried, it’s always a chef and consumer favorite!
Frozen: WGGS, Fillets, Tail-On Fillets, and Butterfly Cut Fillets Fresh: Whole Gutted (WG)
- WGGS: ½- ¾ lbs., ¾-1 lbs., 1-1 ½ lbs., 1 ½- 2 lbs., 2-4 lbs., and 4-up lbs.
- Fillets: 4-6 oz., 6-8 oz., 8-10 oz., 10-12 oz., 12-14 oz., 14-16 oz., 1-2 lbs. and 2-4 lbs.
- Tail-On Fillets: 6-8 oz., 8-10 oz., and 10-12 oz.
- Butterfly Cuts: 4-6 oz. and 8-10 oz.
- Whole Gutted (WG): 1-2 lbs., 2-4 lbs., 4-6 lbs., 6-8 lbs., and 8-10 lbs.